Monday, November 12, 2007

Peeling Back The Layers




Recently, I had a "conversation" (via email) with a friend asking her how she managed to be so "open". She wrote me back this amazing reply and held nothing back in her response. She responded to me as if I were sitting right across from her at a table having a cup of coffee. It was honest and real, no editing before sending...She is really an amazing woman.

Our emails back and forth gave me a lot to think about. I'm not a shy person, but I am in many ways a private person. It takes a while to know me, the real me...Our conversation and my after thoughts prompted these two pages in my art journal, titled Peeling Back the Layers and Connections....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you pages! I think that I am more open with strangers than people who are closer to me. Sort of the big picture where you aren't emotionally involved versus the more intimate relationships where you are more timid. At least that's what I have noticed with myself.

Unknown said...

Amy..I really like your journal pages. They have so much meaning and depth. Although I may not know there original meaning.. I can see and sense it there. there wonderful!!