Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Time to Unwind...



So much has happened since I last posted that it would take me a month to sit and write it all out. Let's just say, I have been very busy. Artfest came and went and it was a wonderful experience. I have been to many different venues, but Artfest continues to be my favorite. There is something really magical about the experience, but the surroundings are enough to put anyone at ease. It was just what I needed at a very busy time in my life. I will definitely go back next year.

The move is making progress. Not at the snap of the fingertips that I would prefer, but we are moved in for the most part. Now all the unpacking, repacking, pictures to be hung, furniture to be placed, new furniture to be bought, etc...and the list goes on. This morning I'm at the mercy of the cable company. They will be here anywhere between 8 - noon. How is that for a good estimate? So, I thought I would take advantage of catching up on some emails, bill paying (ughh!), and of course, unpacking...

One of the beautiful discoveries since moving in is the beautiful plants that have come up. The yard is so nicely landscaped and we are making discoveries every day. It was obvious one of the prior owners was partial to purple as there are purple blooms everywhere. I love coming out to my back yard with a cup of coffee and just taking it all in. We are so lucky to have found this house, but so blessed in that it is full of the beauty of nature. More pictures later, but for now, I wanted to share a bit of my joy.

5 comments:

Maija said...

It sounds like heaven, Lorraine!
I'll see you nextyear at ArtFest!

Kelly Snelling said...

waah! blogger ate my comment! second try...iris and clematis are two of my very favorites plants. and yours are so beautiful! i can't remember the name of that particular clematis. i used to know but it has fallen out of my memory. i can't grow it out here with very much success. i'm so happy that you are getting settled and enjoying your new home. xo-k

Anonymous said...

Catching up here, a LOT has happened! Your new home is beautiful, and purple flowers coming up all over is the best! But the thing I've enjoyed the most is you dancing in your yard:) Dancing is so freeing, but I haven't been the same since the last time I tried it-lol! Keep dancing, it's good for the soul!

Cindy Dean said...

I feel for ya Lorraine. It's hard to get settled again. Just when I think I have it all in place, then I open another box and find something else I have to make room for! Love the flowers. Spring is a beautiful time of the year.

Anonymous said...

Yay for next year! Now let's work on Lois!

The flowers look beautiful and I am happy for the fact that the hard part is over - I think the hard part is the packing.