Sunday, August 19, 2012

Always Take a New Road...

Life just passes us by if we let it.  I once had a conversation with a woman from Holland who said to me, "you Americans live to work...we work to live."  That has always stuck with me and sometimes I think it is so true.  I think the answer is somewhere in between because we have to work to make a living, but work doesn't have to be the focus of our lives.  The older I get, the more I realize that balance in life is SO important.  

Yesterday my husband and I took a new road in our area that leads to a new school.  The road has just recently opened and is not completely finished.  So we turned around and on the way back discovered a wonderul old stone building with a windmill.  It had just rained and I didnt' have my camera with me, but I thought about in all night.  This morning I put on some hiking boots and drove back.  I was determined to get a picture of the old building and windmill.  I was so glad I did.  It was like major eye-candy.  The kind that makes your heart stop!  As I began shooting, there were three cows that came down another road curious to see who I was.  Our eyes met and we just stared at one another.  Shoot with your camera!  I think they were waiting for me to take their picture! They didn't move until a few minutes after.  The little one just stole my heart.  I have several pictures from this morning, but I am totally in love with these guys.   It will be a picture in my mind and on my heart all week.

2 comments:

West Africa Gold Exploration said...

your post means a lot to me,thanks for sharing some of it on your journey!

branded apparel said...

i love your post,really. thanks!