Sunday, January 27, 2013

Beyond Beyond and a New Year

My how time flys..I mean REALLY flys.   I set this blog up with the intention of documenting my journey of many facets of my life, but life is full...sometimes too full and not always full of good stuff.  So, once again I make a pact with myself to be good..find BALANCE...Stop and smell the roses, as they say. 

Once again I signed up for Kim Klassen's Beyond, Beyond journey.  I really don't think of it as a class but a year long journey.  If I keep up with the class, I know at the end of the year, I will have been on an incredible creative journey.    So here goes with Week 1.   

The Capture Challenge - for this week's challenge, we were to experiment with shooting a subject, any subject.  We had to photographic it from various angles and points of view.  Only we could not move the subject.  I chose to photograph a succulent plant from the cactus family that has been in bloom for several weeks.  Soon, it will be gone and I will have to wait another year to see this miracle.  It always astounds me when this plant blooms.   Below is a collage of several of the pictures I took.  The center photo is my favorite. 
The blooms are like umbrellas that grow from two large stalks. I have included a photo for better understanding of how it blooms.

6 comments:

Linda Kittmer said...

Beautiful shots Lorraine and I love how you've created this simple collage. Lovely!

Viv Halliwell said...

What amazing flowers and I love the way you have shot them....

Suzette Rothlisberger said...

Beautiful images! I really love the softness and gentle feel of the photos. Great work!

Carol said...

The center one is my favorite too - love the softness.

Beverly said...

Love the colors of the blooms, and their sweet shape. The middle image is really pretty showing the full bloom close up! Nice!

Anne Camille said...

I've never seen a plant like that! It is amazing -- as are your photographs. Here from the Beyond class. Looking forward to seeing more of your work throughout the class year.